Vowifi you must have listened to this word at least once in recent days. Every telecom industry is talking about Wifi calling but do you know what is Vowifi? How does it work, How can you use it on your smartphone?
You must be stuck in a situation where your connection is bad and you can’t call anyone. In those cases, Vowifi can be your lifesaver.
Here at technotrones, we will learn each and everything you should know about wifi calling technology.
So, first of all, let’s learn what is Vowifi.
What is Wifi calling or (Vowifi)?
Vowifi (Voice Over Wifi) refers to the delivery of messages or data from mobile devices that are connected to Wifi. Basically, in simple words, we can define Vowifi as the calling which is done by using Wifi services.
In traditional Volte and LTE services, telecom industries use a licensed spectrum that carries the packets of voice from one device to another device. On the other hand in Wifi calling, we use an unlicensed spectrum basically wifi to transfer the sound from one device to another device. The wifi calling services give great advantages to both consumers as well as providers and that is the main reason behind the growth of Vowifi.
Vowifi can solve many big problems that happen while using LTE or Volte services like the bad network in the closed area, Reduced rental cost, Free international calls and many more.
Also Read: Aloha browser for PC
How To Activate Vowifi in your SmartPhone Now
If you want to use Wifi calling in your smartphone you have to enable it first and then you can use Vowifi calling.
To use wifi calling follow the steps below-
- First of all, go to the settings of your mobile phone.
- Now search for call settings and open it.
- Now you will see the wifi calling option.
- If you want to enable wifi calling just turn it on from here.
To disable Wifi calling just follow the steps below-
- First, go to the settings tab.
- Now search for wifi calling in the setting.
- After finding wifi calling just turn it off.
- Wifi calling is now disabled from your smartphone.
Difference between Vowifi/Wifi Calling/LTE/Volte
(VoLTE) refers to Voice over Long Term Evolution is a service that was introduced along with 4G networks. These services allow users to experience a high-quality audio call without any interference. Volte also helps to establish a fast connection between two Volte enabled devices.
(VoWiFi) refers Voice over Wi-Fi refers to calling over a wifi connected device to another device. Wifi calling is now rolling out for many devices and it will be available very soon for every device.
Pros and Cons of using Wifi- Calling
Now, let us quickly discuss the benefits and drawbacks of wifi calling over LTE and Volte services.
- Availability- As the number of internet users is growing rapidly. Public hotspots and wifi networks are getting more and more common in many areas. So, it is an effective way to use those networks for calling.
- Free calls- While using Vowifi service you don’t need to worry about charges cause it is totally free to call anywhere. for example: You can call your friend who lives in abroad for free.
- No network issues- While using the Wifi calling you don’t need to worry about bad network cause it won’t affect your calling experience at all.
- Low-cost transmission service- Wifi calling is a very cost-effective calling service where network operator doesn’t have to invest any money on Licensed spectrum or anything like that for expanding their network.
- Errors- As we know the Vowifi technology is recently introduced in smartphones. So, it is not fully optimized for all Smartphones and can crash sometimes while using.
- unlicensed Source- The wifi frequency is not a licensed medium of transferring audio so there can be some interference in sound sometimes while using Vowifi.
- Connection problem- When using Wifi Calling at any place you have to stay there till you complete your call else your call will be disconnected.
- Data interference- Wifi networks are mostly setup for data usage so while using Vowifi from the same network can cause a compromise in data speed.
Operators currently supporting Vowifi
Wifi Calling is no Doubt a life-saving feature but sadly it is not available for all operators. Till now only two companies have started Vowfi feature Jio and Airtel. So, if you are using one of them then you are good to go.
Recently Jio launched there most awaited Wifi calling feature. It was being tested for quite a few days and now if you are Jio user and you have a device that supports Vowfi then you can enjoy this feature for free.
Airtel is not much behind Jio as airtel introduced there wifi calling service before Jio. Airtel on its official site introduced its new feature by telling its advantages over Volte and LTE calling.
Also learn: Best Sites like Omegle
- OnePlus 5t
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 6T
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 7t
- Poco F1
- K20 Pro
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 7
- iPhone7 plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone8 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhoneXS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone11 pro
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3Xl
- S7 EDGE
- Note 8
- Note 10
- Note 10+
- On 5 pro
- On 7 pro
Check your device from here
Some Common Queries about Vowifi-
Question- How to fix wifi calling, not working in Samsung Smartphone?
Solution- If you are using Samsung device and Wifi calling is not working just check these things-
- First of try to restart your phone and check if it works.
- Now go setting and then go to wifi calling then disable it and enable it again.
- Check if your wifi connection is not slow.
Question- What are the charges for using Vowifi in smartphones?
Solution- If you want to use Vowifi in your smartphone then you are good to go because there are no hidden or additional charges for using Wifi calling.
Question- How does Wifi calling shifts between data and wifi services?
Solution- When you have an active Wifi calling option in your smartphone then you can call normally from your network and when your signal becomes weak it will transfer the call to wifi services without any interruption.
VoWifi is no doubt a great function for people who have bad network problems in their area. But still, I will say there are many problems while using Wifi as a calling option as we discussed interference and other problems but in the future, it will be a great feature.
Leave a Comment