For those who don’t know, Twitch is an online streaming service mostly used among the gaming community. In the very recent update, many users started to report a bug that caused the “Twitch mods tab not loading” issue. 😢
This bug prevents the mods tab from loading and makes it stuck in the loading screen but never loads. Since many users are reporting this problem, so it needs a fix.
If you among those who are looking for the solution to this problem, Then this guide from Technotrones is what you need.
Fix 1: Log in to Your Twitch Account Again
To get rid of this issue, you must try to log in to your account again to fix the “Twitch mods tab not loading” problem. This is how you can do it step by step:
- Launch the Twitch app and click on the menu icon on the top left corner of the tab.
- Click on the File ->Logout.
- Then again try to login into your account.
See if you are able to open the mods tab now. If the issue is still not fixed then try the next solution.
Fix 2: Clear Twitch App Data
After updating the Twitch application, the old configuration files and settings in the system may have developed some issues. And maybe those are what preventing the Twitch mods files from loading.
In this type of situation what we can do is to try to clean the data from the AppData folder of twitch. Here are the steps how you can do so:
- Use the Win+R key combination to launch the Run menu.
- Type in %AppData% and press Enter
- Find the folder named twitch and clean it by deleting all the data inside it.
Now, try to use the Twitch application again and see if the problem exists.
Fix 3: Install the .NET Framework
Check if you have .NET Framework installed on your computer, if not then it can be the problem to the issue “Twitch mods tab not loading” that you are facing right now. Here is the step by step guide on how you can install .Net Framework,
Note: You can also try uninstalling the .Net framework and then install it again.
- Download .Net Framework from the official website here.
- Go to your downloads folder and install the .Net framework.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your pc and Launch Twitch and check if the issue still exists.
Fix 4: Modify the Minecraft.exe File
You can try modifying the Minecraft.exe file on your computer. This fix can help you get rid of the mods tab not loading issue you are facing. below are the steps:
- Type “This PC” in the search bar and open it.
- Now type/paste the following address to the top search bar to open the Minecraft.exe file. example image:- (NOTE: Change the username in following path ) C:\Users\acer\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Install
- Create the shortcut of the Minecraft.exe file inside the same folder.
- Then right-click on the shortcut and go to properties.
- Add –workDir in the target tab as a prefix and click ok. It should look like this:
- –workDir “C:\Users\acer\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Install\minecraft.exe”
- Open your app and from the dropdown menu select the shortcut you’ve just created and select the forge profile.
Fix 5: Reinstall Twitch
If none of the above solutions worked for you yet. then try reinstalling the Twitch app on your computer. Reinstalling application sometimes fixes the bugs by clearing all the old data. Just follow the steps mentioned below to do so.
- Open Control panel -> Programs-> uninstall a program.
- Locate the Twitch app, right-click and uninstall it.
- After that download the Twitch app from the official website and install it.
- after installation, log in to your account by filling in your credentials and check if the problem still exists
Fix 6: Check Firewall Settings
You must also check the Windows firewall which can be causing trouble for the issue of the Twitch mods tab not loading. Like other software, you have to allow firewall access to this application. To do so, here is the step by step guide.
- Open Control panel -> System and Security -> Windows Defender Firewall ->Allow an app through Windows firewall.
- After opening it, click on Change settings.
- Scroll down to select Twitch app and Select the private as well as the public option and hit ok.
- Now restart the system(pc).
Allowing twitch through the firewall should help you fix this issue.
Fix 7: Enable the Software Rendering Mode
If all the above-mentioned solutions didn’t help you. Then try enabling Software rendering mode in Twitch.
- Launch the Twitch application on your pc.
- Click on the menu icon on the top left of the screen.
- Goto File-> settings.
- In the General tab, you have to enable the Software Rendering Mode option.
- Now refresh and check the mods again.
Fix 8: Toggle Hidden Files
Try Toggling Hidden Files and folders. Here is how you can do that:
- Type File Explorer Options in the search bar and open it.
- Go to the View tab.
- Check the Show hidden files, folders, or drives Option and apply ok.
Hope this troubleshoot Fix will help you with the issue of the Twitch mods tab not loading.
Also check: Steam Error Code 105 Fixed
In conclusion, I would like to say that these above mentioned fixes will definitely help you with the Twitch mods tab not loading issue. Just go through all the solutions and see if the problem is gone.
Thanks for reading this article, hope you enjoyed it and found it useful.😊
Leave a Comment