Steam Error Code 105- Steam is one of the most popular online gaming platform where you can deal within a number of free and paid games right in one place. It allows you to do whole a lot of stuff which is quite amazing but things arent always that great, aren’t they? And maybe that’s why you ended up here.
While using steam there are a number of players who experience some problems basically termed as error codes. Although there are many error codes but Steam error code 105 is the most common but also the easiest error to deal with.
So, if you are also facing error code 105 on steam than nothing to worry about. Just keep reading this article and you will be able to fix this error in no time.
What causes Steam Error Code 105
So, before we get to our main topic and find how we can fix steam error code 105 we should first talk about all the possible reasons that can cause this error. Which will help us to solve the error more precisely.
Steam Error Code 105-
If you are experiencing Steam Error Code 105 then every time you try to open steam a notification will open containing these words exactly “Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet” or Connection failed -105.
There can be several reasons which can cause you to experience steam 105 error. Here we will talk about each one of them one by one.
DNS Error- This is the most common cause which leads to error code 105 on steam. It basically tells you that there is a problem with your DNS server settings or setting are changed somehow. Also, there are some scenarios where DNS servers block some specific content which indirectly causes these errors.
Internet Connection- Never the less internet connection should also be fast enough to overcome loading timeout. There are cases where everything is fine the problem is just with your wifi or data card.
Ad Blocker- Adblocker is really helpful in day to day life. They work pretty smoothly and saves our time from stupid ads but sometimes they can interrupt some functions on specific URLs that can cause you to face multiple types of errors.
Also learn: Everything About Vowifi
How to Fix Steam Error Code 105
Note- If you are facing this error there is no guarantee which method will work for your case but one thing is for sure if you follow up all the method 1 by 1 your problem will be fixed. So keep in mind to check all methods and find which one works for you.
So, let’s talk about all the possible ways by which you can easily deal with the steam error code 105.
Method 1. By Resetting your Router
If you are facing Steam error 105 because of any internet issue than this method will work for you.
- There is a high chance that resetting your router can fix all the possible errors with your internet connection.
- To reset your router search for the reset button on your router. (Usually present on the backside).
- Now, wait till all the lights on your router turn off. (Can be different for your router)
- Wait for the router to start again.
- Now complete the setup and connect with your wifi.
- Open steam your error must have been fixed by now.
Method 2. Flush DNS
If there is any type of DNS issue with your system then this method is for you.
- To flush the DNS open the command prompt. (Search for CP in search bar)
- In the command prompt type ipconfig /flushdns as it is.
- Now press enter and close the command prompt.
- Now open steam and see if the error is gone.
Method 3. Disable Ad-Blocker
If both of the above methods didn’t worked out for you then this method will surely do.
- Open your browser.
- On the top left corner find your extensions.
- Click on the adblocker icon a drop-down menu will open up.
- Select disable form the menu.
- Open steam and this time error is surely gone.
So this was all the info about steam error 105 concluding its basic causes and the ways to fix it. I hope this article helped you out and fixed your problem permanently but if that’s not the case feel free to reach me in the comments. I will personally help you out.